- Created: Tuesday, 29 August 2017 13:48
- Written by FRFI
✪ Days that Shook the World: 100 years since the October revolution and the fight for socialism today ✪
A day of discussion and debate on October 1917 in the former Russian empire and its impact on working class struggle around the world, as Cuba and Venezuela stand on the front line of revolutionary change in a world of capitalist crisis and war.
- Teresita Vicente Sotolongo - Cuban Ambasssador to the UK
- Helen Yaffe - author of Che Guevara, the Economics of Revolution
- Trevor Rayne - editorial board, Fight Racism! Fight Imperialism!
- Sam McGill - writer on Venezuela and activist with Rock around the Blockade
On the day:
11:00 - Registration
11:30 - The Revolution of 1917 and its relevance today / Women and Revolution
14:00-15:00 - Lunch with Soviet Art
15:00 - 17:30 - Revolution Today: Socialist Cuba and the struggle for socialism in Venezuela
Tickets available at: skiddle.com/e/13019438