- Created: Friday, 20 April 2012 10:36
- Written by FRFI
Friday 10 February
- Meeting with the Cuban Institute of Friendship between Peoples (ICAP)
- Meeting with the Federation of Cuban Women (FMC)
- Visit to ‘Leonor Pérez’ maternity home, Old Havana
Saturday 11 February
- Meeting with Orlando Borrego, Member of July 26 Movement who fought alongside Che Guevara in the Rebel Army and was his vice-president at the Ministry of Industries
- Meeting with Committee for the Defence of the Revolution (CDR), Boyeros, Havana
Sunday 12 February
- Meeting with the Hermanos Saiz Association for young artists
- Exchange with Venezuelan delegation from PDVAL communal state-owned gas company, in Cuba to study ways to raise political consciousness.
Monday 13 February
- Meeting with students at the Psychology faculty, Havana university
- Discussion with Noel Carrillo, Communist Party of Cuba Central Committee official
- Event at Talleres de Transformacion ‘La Cieba’ a community centre in Central Havana Municipality.
Tuesday 14 February
- Visit to Latin American School of Medical Sciences
- RATB brigade donates sports equipment to the National Institute of Sports and Recreation at a local project in Ho Chi Minh Park, Havana.
Wednesday 15 February
- Visit to a children’s cancer ward in the Institute of Oncology and Radiology in central Havana to donate children’s toys and art materials.
- Exchange with The Pioneers of Jose Marti at ‘The Republic of Angola’ primary school, Boyeros municipality, Havana
- Meeting with the Cuban Veterans Association, who fought for the revolution.
Thursday 16 February
- Visit to the National Centre of Sexual Education (CENESEX)
- Spanish-language launch of Helen Yaffe’s book Che Guevara. The economics of revolution at the International Book Fair in Havana.
- Discussion with Angel Arcos Bergnes, close comrade of Che Guevara who introduced voluntary labour in industry
Friday 17 February
- Meeting with Osmani Castro, representative of the Provincial Assembly of Popular Power for Havana city.
- Meeting with Manuel Montero, representative of the international affairs department of the Cuban Workers Federation.
- Brigade travels to ‘La Rosita’ cooperative farm, run by the Union of Young Communists, in Havana Province.
- Meeting with members of the local Popular Council of Las Floritas in Guanabacoa.
Saturday 18 February to Wednesday 22 February
- Daily voluntary labour on the farm
- Meetings with family doctors
- Discussion with Jesus Garcia of the Institute of Philosophy in Havana people worldwide!’
Rock around the Brigade y los 13 brigadistas de su brigada ‘Justicia para los Cinco Heroes’, de Londres, Newcastle y Glasgow, queremos agradecer a la Unión de Jóvenes Comunistas por haber hecho de nuestras dos semanas en Cuba una experiencia estimulante e inolvidable. En particular, nos gustaría dar las gracias a Yelina y Lien en La Habana, por su amabilidad, paciencia y su aporte político a nuestra brigada. A través de su trabajo con nosotros, aprendimos de la dedicación y el compromiso que ambas tienen con el proceso revolucionario en Cuba y regresamos a Gran Bretaña imperialista, decididos a continuar la lucha en solidaridad con Cuba, por la justicia para los Cinco Héroes y por el socialismo.
Fight Racism! Fight Imperialism 226 April/May 2012